A Versatile and Compact All-in-One Printer from Samsung
This all-in-one printer is not limited to just printing; it also excels in scanning, copying, and faxing. Its flatbed scanner provides high-resolution scanning, allowing you to digitize documents with ease. The automatic document feeder (ADF) makes it efficient to scan or copy multiple pages at once. The CLX-3185FW also boasts a fax feature for those who require traditional faxing capabilities.
Sorry, this item is discontinued. Replaced by Samsung Xpress C1860FW
The Samsung CLX-3185FW delivers impressive print quality, whether you're producing text documents or colorful graphics. With a maximum resolution of 2,400 x 600 dpi, text is sharp and easy to read, while images and graphics appear vibrant and detailed. This printer uses Samsung's ReCP (Rendering Engine for Clean Page) technology, which enhances the overall print quality by sharpening both text and images.
It offers seamless wireless connectivity, making it easy to print from a variety of devices. With built-in Wi-Fi, you can connect your smartphone, tablet, or laptop to the printer without the hassle of cords and cables. Samsung's Mobile Print App further simplifies the process, allowing you to print documents and photos directly from your mobile devices.
Also need: Samsung CLX-3185FW Driver for Windows
The user-friendly interface of this multifunction laser printer makes it accessible to users of all levels of expertise. The 4-line LCD display and intuitive control panel make it easy to navigate through various functions and settings. Whether you're printing, scanning, or faxing, the CLX-3185FW ensures a hassle-free experience.
- Print/ Scan/ Copy/ Fax
- Up to 16 ppm mono print
- Up to 4 ppm colour print
- USB, network, and wireless
- SPL-C (Samsung Printer Language Colour)
- 150-sheet input tray
- 2400 x 600 dpi print resolution
- 360Mhz Processor
- 128MB RAM
- 4,800 x 4,800 dpi scan resolution
- 600 x 600 dpi Copy
- 33.6Kbps Fax
- Setup is a cinch with our secure, one-touch wireless connection
- No strings attached
- It multi-tasks so you don’t have to
- No need to plug and unplug machines to identify the right printer
- One Touch Wi-Fi Setting lets you connect quickly and easily
- Just one quick touch - no manual configurations or complicated passcodes
Full sets of toner cartridges
- Compatible Samsung P4072C 4 Colour Toner Cartridge Multipack - 1.5p per page up to 1,500 pages (black) and 1,000 pages (color)
- Samsung P4072C 4 Colour Toner Cartridge Multipack (CLT-P4072C/ELS) - 2.7p per page up to 1,500 pages (black) and 1,000 pages (color)
Black toner cartridges
- Compatible Samsung CLT-K4072S Black toner cartridge (CLT-K4072S/ELS) - 1.5p per page up to 1,500 pages
- Compatible Samsung CLT-K4072 Toner Cartridge Black Twin Pack - 1.5p per page up to 1,500 pages x 2
- Samsung CLT-K4072 Toner Cartridge Black Twin Pack - 2.7p per page up to 1,500 pages x 2
- Samsung K4072S Black Toner Cartridge (CLT-K4072S/ELS) - 2.7p per page up to 1,500 pages
Cyan toner cartridges
- Compatible Samsung CLT-C4072S Cyan toner cartridge (CLT-C4072S/ELS) - 2.3p per page up to 1,000 pages
- Samsung C4072S Cyan Toner Cartridge (CLT-C4072S/ELS) - 4.1p per page up to 1,000 pages
Magenta toner cartridges
- Compatible Samsung CLT-M4072S Magenta toner cartridge (CLT-M4072S/ELS) - 2.3p per page up to 1,000 pages
- Samsung M4072S Magenta Toner Cartridge (CLT-M4072S/ELS) - 4.2p per page up to 1,000 pages
Yellow toner cartridges
- Compatible Samsung Y4072 Yellow Toner Cartridge (CLT-Y4072S/ELS) - 2.3p per page up to 1,000 pages
- Samsung Y4072S Yellow Toner Cartridge (CLT-Y4072S/ELS) - 4.1p per page up to 1,000 pages
- Compatible Samsung R407 Imaging Unit (CLT-R407/SEE) - 0.2p per page 24,000 pages (black) and 6,000 pages (color)
- Samsung CLT-W409 Waste Toner Collection Bottle (CLT-W409/SEE) - 0.2p per page up to 5,000 pages (black) and 1,250 pages (color)
- Samsung R407 Imaging Unit (CLT-R407/SEE) - 0.3p per page up to 24,000 pages (black) and 6,000 pages (color)
Mac OS Versions Compatibility
- macOS 14 Sonoma
- macOS 13 Ventura
- macOS 12 Monterey
- macOS 11 Big Sur
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave (Liberty)
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra (Lobo)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra (Fuji)
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan (Gala)
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite (Syrah)
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks (Cabernet)
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Zinfandel)
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Barolo)
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Chablis)
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 Tiger (Chardonnay)
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Merlot)
- Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (Pinot)
- Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
- Mac OS X 10.1 Puma
- Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah
- Mac OS X 10 Kodiak (Beta)
- Mac OS 9
Samsung CLX-3185FW Driver Manual Installation
If you want the CLX-3185FW series to work correctly, the driver for your Samsung printer must be set up first. You must follow the guide below with a device running on macOS:
- Turn on the printer.
- When your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer machine. The software installation prompts you to connect the cable if needed.
- Click on the Download link in the "Action" table on this page. Make sure it matches the operating system version you have been using.
- Double-click the downloaded file. The file will be extracted and the installation process will automatically start.
- Follow the on-screen instructions Install to proceed with and complete the installation.
- The moment the installation process has been completed, the Samsung CLX-3185FW Printer device can be used.
- Don't forget to test print with the "Test Page" feature.
Also like: Samsung CLX-3185 Driver for macOS
How to Install Printer Driver for macOS 10.15 (Catalina)?
- Click here to download the latest driver available for Samsung CLX-3185FW printer
- Make sure to select the correct Mac OS version (10.11/ 10.12/ 10.13/ 10.14) for Mac O.S 10.15. You can select Mac OS 10.14 or 10.11 or 10.13 or later
- Download the driver of Samsung CLX-3185FW printer
- After that, open the folder where located of the download file and Click to open the driver file
- If you get the following error message when running it, the gatekeeper needs to be temporarily disabled.
- You need to open terminal from spotlight
- Type the command: sudo spctl --master-disable
- Enter the correct password and run the printer driver with extension".pkg" again.
- Once the print driver has been installed, just open the Samsung CLX-3185FW Driver with the following
folder path and then install the following PKG drivers (ICDM, ScanThru):
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_ICDM > ICDM.pkg
- ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer > MAC_TWAIN > ScanThru.pkg
- After the drivers are installed, you can go to System preferences > Printers & scanners and add the printer by clicking on the plus (+) button > Add printer or scanner > Samsung CLX-3185FW
- Make sure to select the specific driver and not AirPrint where it says "USE"
- Now, that the Samsung CLX-3185FW printer has been added, you should be able to print or scan. If you want to scan, go to system preferences > printers and scanners > and select scan
- Enable gatekeeper (Mac security):
- Open terminal from the spotlight
- Typing the command: sudo spctl --master-enable
- Enter your password
Note: Click "View" at the bottom of the table for detail.
How to Install Samsung CLX-3185FW Driver for macOS 11 Big Sur?
- Install macOS 10.15 Catalina again
- Install your Samsung printer
- Then update to macOS 11 Big Sur
- Kept the Samsung CLX-3185FW driver installed and still works in macOS 11 Big Sur
How to Install Samsung CLX-3185FW Driver for macOS 12 Monterey?
After configuring for macOS 11 (Big Sur) above, you need to do the steps below:
- Just update to macOS 12 (Monterey).
- Kept the Samsung CLX-3185FW driver installed and still works in macOS 12 (Monterey).
How to Install Samsung CLX-3185FW Driver for macOS 13 Ventura?
After configuring for macOS 12 (Monterey), you need to do the steps below:
- Just update to macOS 13 (Ventura).
- Kept the driver installed and still works in macOS 13 (Ventura).
Also update: Samsung CLX-3185N Driver for macOS
How to Install Samsung CLX-3185FW Driver for macOS 14 Sonoma?
After configuring for macOS 13 (Ventura), you need to do the steps below to make your Samsung CLX-3185FW Printer work correctly on macOS 14 (Sonoma):
- Just update to macOS 14 Sonoma.
- Kept your Samsung Printer Driver installed and still works in macOS 14 Sonoma.
If you get any broken links or some problems with your Samsung CLX-3185FW mono laser printer, please contact our team by using the contact form that we have provided.
|CLX-3185FW Series Print Driver for macOS||V5.00||Download|
|CLX-3185FW Series Scan Driver for macOS||V2.31||Download|
|CLX-3185FW Series Print and Scan Driver for Mac OS X Mavericks/ Mountain Lion/ Lion/ v10.6 Snow Leopard||V2.6||Download|
|CLX-3185FW Series Third-party app for macOS||V4.0.5||Download|
|CLX-3185FW Series Print and Scan Driver for macOS||V1.1||Download|
|CLX-3185FW Series Manual Print and Scan Driver for macOS||-||View|